Top Bank & Eastern Bank Cays is a special municipality in Arecales consisting of over 50 cays located between Caraque and St Catherine. The surface area is 25.61 km² (9.89 sq mi) and has TBD people, the least populous division in Arecales. Rock Bottom is the capital and most populous settlement.
- 1 History
- 2 Geography
- 3 Economy
- 4 Culture
- 5 Transportation
- 6 Etymology
- 7 History
- 8 Geography
- 9 Politics and government
- 10 Economy
- 11 Education
- 12 Transport
- 13 Current members
- 14 History
- 15 Commuter and light rail
- 16 Streetcars
- 17 Population estimates
- 18 Motorways in Sierra
- 19 Military installations in Sierra
- 20 University of Dennison
- 21 Sierra State University
- 22 University of Sierra, Lola
- 23 University of Sierra, Dennison
- 24 Ring of fire
The cays were known for being pirate hideouts in the 18th and 19th centuries and were disputed by the Franquese and Ingerish. Local legend suggests that Fernando Robinson may bave buried treasure in one of the cays. Two cays are permanently settled, Rock Bottom Cay and Serpentine Cay. Other cays with development are resort islands or privately owned.
The Top Bank & Eastern Bank Cays are divided into two groups, Top Bank cays and Eastern Bank cays. All of them are low-lying, sandy islets with vegetated interiors, sometimes with palm trees. Most of the cays are uninhabited and are known as breeding grounds for turtles, birds and have largely untouched ecosystems.
Most of the economy on the cays are centered around tourism and fishing. The two populated cays have several hotels or resorts on them, and other cays are developed or being developed as private resort islands.
A typical food in Rock Bottom Cay is barracuda stew.
There are two public airports in the cays, Rock Bottom Airport and Headley Airport. There are several weekly flights from Rock Bottom to Saint John (Caraque) and Headley to Kaetown (St Caths), but flights may be chartered as well. Private airfields are also found in Frigate Cay and Dellyse Cay. There are ferry connections from Rock Bottom to Lazy Bay (Caraque), Headley to Kaetown and between Rock Bottom to Headley.
Toussaint is a special municipality in Arecales, comprised of the island of Toussaint as well as the smaller islet of Clement. Toussaint is a small, mountainous, roughly square shaped island with the dormant volcano Ragged Peak in the middle. The town of Wills Harbour is the capital.
Toussaint is named after all saints day, because it was discovered on 1 November.
The island was sighted by Louis Brunel during the voyage which brought first settlers to Caraque from Caya in 1615, it was seen on 1 November (All saints, or in Franquese Toussaint), which became name of the island. Because Toussaint was mountainous and didn't have a suitable harbor, there were no attempts to settle it. The defeat of a slave revolt in Caraque in 1686 saw a few escapes slaves leave the island on boats and 15 or 20 made it to Toussaint, helped by Cayan smuggler John Wills. Wills Harbour became the first settlement of the island, and a second village was founded on the south side of the island after 1750 (Toussaint). The island was sometimes visited by early buccaneers and pirates to resupply or find shelter.
Around 1710 Toussaint was formally occupied by the Franquese. After the Ingerish Civil War, the Ingerish reconquered Caya in 1730, and after fighting the Franquese, they acquired Caraque in 1733, which left Toussaint as the major Franquese territory. In the early 1800s Toussaint's geography helped it resist most pirate attacks; notably in 1812 James Everson destroyed the island's small harbor at Hole Beach. After the Ingerish invasion of Caraque in 1829, the peace treaty after made Toussaint an Ingerish island. Henry Stead escaped to Toussaint after the Ingerish took back Caya and is buried in a graveyard in Toussaint town.
In the 1960s the road in Toussaint was paved. In 1977 an airport was completed on the island, which reduced travel time to Caya from a 6 hour boat ride to a 55 minute airplane flight. In 1989 the local government approved a flag design for the island.
Toussaint is a small volcanic island, It is roughly square shaped, rocky and rugged and reaches 612m above sea level at the island summit. The volcano is possibly dormant. Toussaint does not have many natural harbors
Politics and government
As a special municipality, Toussaint has a local government based in Wills Harbour. The other two villages of Toussaint and Williamstown (Clement) have some local municipal administrative functions.
The economy of Toussaint was historically based on fishing, fruit growing and small agriculture. Tourism is slowly becoming important to the economy, with a focus over eco tourism over the other islands in Arecales due to the lack of beaches and resorts.
There is a normal school and a secondary school in Wills Harbour. Toussaint also has a primary school.
There is one main road in Toussaint, The Road. It was paved in the 1960s. Sylvain Potter is the taxi service on the island, a microbus and small jeep are operated by him and his son. Supreme Scooter Hire has several scooters and moped for rent. There is a small harbor at Hole Beach, boats can drop their anchor there. There are ferry connections from Wills Harbour in Toussaint to the ferry port in Caya and to Williamstown.
Toussaint has an airport in the south side of the island. Due to the geography and ruggedness it is only 580 m long runway, the shortest with regular commercial flights in Arecales.
Le Jardin Hotels is a luxury hotel and resort company. Le Jardin operates a handful of hotels and resort in select locations. The company was founded in Nikolovac, Mallyore, where is still maintains administrative offices, but is legally registered and based in Arecales. Le Jardin operates hotels, Le Jardin Resorts, and by Le Jardin, private tropical island resorts.
- Le Jardin Hotel Nikolovac, original Le Jardin hotel, located in late-19th century palace in Nikolovac, Mallyore
- Le Jardin Caraque Resort, beach resort with links-style golf course in Caraque (Arecales)
- White Pearl by Le Jardin, private island resort in Iscu
- Anse Cay by Le Jardin, private resort island in Arecales (opening in 2023)
|Radio Televisia Tarefiga|
| Alternate Name(s):|
| Broadcasting organization headquartered in |
|Address|| Piaza Diana 2|
|Number of Members||tbd|
Tarephian Radio Television (RTT) (Barzuna: Radio Televisia Tarefiga; Franquese: Radio-télévision Taréphique; Castellanese: Radio Television Tarefia; Florescentian: Rádio e Televisão Tarefianos) is an organizational alliance of national public broadcasters of Tarephia. RTT was founded to allow for technical, technological and and programming cooperation, allowing early television (as well as radio) content to be transmitted by each member country's broadcaster simultaneously.
RTT allows for sharing of sports, music, cultural and other programming, technical activities to allow for interoperable broadcasting and equipment open standards among members, working groups to improve and create new technologies.
|Barzona||Radio Televisia Barzuna||RTB||1957|
|Freedemia||National Broadcasting of Freedemia||NBF||1966|
|Tempeira||Companhia Nacional de Transmissão e Mídia||CONATRAMI||1957|
|Tigeria||Tigerine Telecommunications Ensemble||TTE||1960|
|Vodeo||Vodean Broadcasting Corporation||VBC||1957|
Lola, officially City of la Villa Nueva de la Buena Vista de Nuestra Señora de Lola is a city in central Sierra, Federal States. It is the county seat of Braxton County. Founded in the late 18th century by the Castellanese as a religious mission and expanded into a city in the following decades, it has one of the best-preserved colonial city centers in the western FSA, in the late colonial 19th century style.
A mission in what is now Lola was founded in 1790 by Fr. José María Osborne Lazcano. The religious town was quickly followed by the Fortín de Lola, a small fortress built by the local commander, Francisco de Carranza y Bergara, to help control the upper Colurona River from its key bend. The city was built from 1796, with a steady stream of immigration from military families and settlers. In 1825 Lola was made capital of the Province of la Sierra Baja, given its increasing size and relative defensibility.
From 1858, Lola served as capital of Sierra Territory until 1864, when the brief Sierran Civil War broke out over a capital with Dennison. Lola's militias won the only pitched battle, at Fountainhead, but a very rainy and muddy summer prevented them from advancing and only minor raids occurred till further federal control of the area in 1866.
Dennison and Redonda Transit (DART) is the public transit system in the greater Dennison-Redonda area. Serving seven cities, four counties and an area of almost two million inhabitants, it is the largest transit system in the state of Sierra, and one of the largest in the western Federal States. DART was founded in 1969 on the merger of the Dennison Urban Transit, East Wilfried County Transit, Serrano County Transit. RU Transit (Redonda-Unita) was merged into DART in 1973.
DART operates the Dennison Streetcar lines, light rail lines in the metro area and many urban and regional bus lines.
Commuter and light rail
DART operates several light and commuter rail lines. Most have been built using sunken (recessed) rail lines below the road level, which come above ground at stations.
The streetcar lines are present within the city of Dennison, though only on the east side of the *Colurona* River. These were built at the turn of the century. Plans to decommission the streetcars were started in the 1950s, but eventually they were only reduced, and in the 1980s were revamped and modernized.
3.5-4 million for the state. Greater Dennison: 1,983,090
- Dennison: 682,500
- Elvira: 401,220
- Redonda: 389,500 *
- Lola: 226,420
- Chapman: 211,250
- Unita: 201,280 *
- Barclay: 196,250 -
- Henderson: 156,620 -
- North Dennison: 138,400 *
- Billard: 117,240
- Duchess: 82,300 *
- Greenfield: 16250
- Sorrent: 8700
Archantol is the prevailing gas station brand in Sierra, and is paired with the Ministop convenience stores.
Motorways in Sierra
- S-1: Hernandez to Dennsion
- S-5: north of Dennsion area
- S-5: around northern Dennsion area
- S-9: East-West through Dennison
Military installations in Sierra
Fort James P. Nickerson
Fort Nickerson is an army base east of Lola. It is one of the largest bases in the western/northwest FSA. Home of the "Fighting First" Armored Division. Established as a Castellanese cavalry outpost in the 1820s, it was named Fort Lola under FSA control in 1849, and after General James P. Nickerson in 1979.
Fort Nickerson has a large maneuver area, where tanks and other armored vehicles are regularly tested. Most of the built up area, including administration, housing and other facilities are located north of the county line (in Meseta COunty), west of CR-7.
Joint Forces Proving Ground Las Truchas
JFPG Las Truchas is a facility used for testing artillery weapons, explosives, formerly [atomic] weapons. Built in 1952 as Las Truchas Test Range. It is one of the largest military facilities in the FSA.
University of Dennison
The University of Dennison is a private research university in the Federal States, located in Dennison, Sierra. It was founded in 1876 and is the oldest university in the city. The university's campus is within the downtown core of Dennison, centered around West Forest Drive and Nickerson Street. The university is best known for its liberal arts and literature programs. They are home to the University of Dennison Lions (Archantan football and soccer), and have a rivalry with the University of Sierra in Dennison (the Rangers).
Sierra State University
The Sierra State University is a public university located in Elvira, Sierra (Federal States). SU Sierra is the oldest university in the state, founded in late 1869 from a state grant. The university was originally designed as an agricultural school from the onset, and was located near farmland some 5km from the city center. Much of the campus was remodeled in the 1960s and 1970s, helping to give a modern feel to the area.
The university was founded in 1869 as the University of the State of Sierra. John Amos Buford was the first chancellor of the university.
Sierra State has a secondary campus in Rocky Mount, north west of Dennison.
University of Sierra, Lola
The University of Sierra, Lola (USL) is a public research university in Lola, in the F.S. state of Sierra. Alongside the University of Sierra, Dennison, it is one of two campuses of the University of Sierra. USL was founded in 1872 from a grant by the newly-formed State of Sierra, with support from prominent local businessmen and politicians. USL has a strong science program, though also has an excellent arts program as well.
Francisco Mazarin (1827-1890), a local businessman, was instrumental in securing funding for the university, and provided part of his property in the city to build on. He was named second president of the university, from 1874 to 1886, after William Winfield.
University of Sierra, Dennison
The University of Sierra, Dennison (USD) is a public research university in Dennison, Sierra (Federal States). Alongside the University of Sierra, Lola, it is one of two campuses of the University of Sierra. USD was established in 1915 in order to provide state-supported tertiary education in Dennison, by then the largest city in the state. USD is very strong in science and mathematics, and one of the top universities in science research in western Archanta.